Friday, July 20, 2007

Me. Myself. And I.

I have considered becoming a blogging librarian for a while now. I worried over it, considering all of the ramifications of my decision. Could I write something worth reading? Could I blog consistently? Was there room in the conversation for me?

I decided to jump in with both feet. They say that blogs are a conversation, right? There are so many interesting and exciting conversations going on about libraries right now, and there are so many interesting people doing the conversing. I only hope I can contribute something more substantial than a "me too."

So...who am I?

Personally, I am 28-years old. I am married to a sportswriter and I have a cat named Bea and a dog named Molly. I like ice cream. I like reading chick lit. I have a soft spot for well-written non-fiction that isn't too technical and that makes me laugh. I like reality television. I like Keith Olbermann and Anderson Cooper. I like music of the popular and rock'n'roll variety and I like going to concerts.

Professionally, I am a catalog librarian wanting to find her place in the Library 2.0-world. I catalog serials and electronic resources and I also do database cleanup. I desperately want to make it easier for our users to find (and discover) the information they're looking for.

So, I'm new to the neighborhood. Nice to meet you!

--Erin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Erin, I think you have some great and interesting things to say about what we are trying to accomplish as librarians. I'm glad you are blogging it.